This site is managed by the Parish Council to provide information to residents about the work of the council, its meetings, finances and actions. In addition it provides community information about activities, clubs and organisations in Harpole
Sign up below to receive regular information about the Parish Council, what's on in Harpole and breaking news about the village.
We do not share your information, or use it for any other purpose than this.
The Parish Council
Harpole has a Parish Council of 13 members and a Parish Clerk. The Council meets in the Old School Hall in School Lane on the second Monday of each month at 7.30pm (unless stated otherwise). Agendas for full Parish Council and for Committee Meetings are posted on the Glass-Fronted Notice board outside the Old School and on this website at least three days before the meetings. Members of the public and the press are welcome to attend and can take the opportunity to raise issues with the Council at the beginning of the meeting. The District Councillors generally attend, and the County Councillor and the local PCSO sometimes attend.
The responsibilities of the Council are varied and include:
- The provision of the following services:
- Burial grounds
- Parks, playing fields and recreational facilities
- War Memorial, seating, litter bins and lighting
- Grass cutting and grounds maintenance
- Litter picking and provision and maintenance of dog bins
- Making environmental improvements as and when thought appropriate
- Liaising with the county council on highway safety and repair
- Liaising with the county council on public transport matters affecting the parish
- Liaising with the county council on the state of footpaths and other rights of way
- Liaising with the police on matters of concern within the parish
- Considering and commenting on planning applications within the parish and on major planning applications in neighbouring parishes
- Maintaining this website for the benefit of village organisations
- Making grants to village organisations from council funds
Contact the parish council
Parish Clerk : Mr Guy Ravine. The Old Dairy, Upper Stowe. Phone: 01327 340410.
Chairman: Mrs Maxine Jones 9 Hall Close , Harpole.
Please use the form on the right to contact the Parish Council by Email
To report issues in the village, fly tipping, potholes, on-street issues, parking and anything that gives you cause for concern, please visit this page, which provides direct links to the most appropriate place to resolve the issue.
If you want to contact the Clerk in the first instance use the links on the right hand side of this page.This site is managed by the Parish Council to provide information to residents about the work of the council, its meetings, finances and actions. In addition it provides community information about activities, clubs and organisations in Harpole