Flood Information

Please find below advice, links to agencies that can help should your property be at risk from flooding.

If you believe a person/persons are at risk take immediate action and contact the emergency services (police/fire/ambulance) on 999. Northamptonshire Police can be contacted for non-emergencies on 101. 

Information can be found on the SNC website concerning contact numbers, how to build a sandbag wall and details of a Household Emergency Plan Booklet, also more information can be found Northamptonshire Local Flood Risk Management Strategy - Public Summary report. Check to see if there are any flood warnings in your area by visiting the Environment Agency website.

Contacts for help and support

National - The Environment Agency operates a national Floodline and can be contacted on 0845 988 1188 or 0345 988 1188. 

Northamptonshire - Northamptonshire County Council (NCC) is the lead local authority with overall responsibility for flood risk management in the county. All enquiries relating to flooding and flood risk should be reported to NCC direct.

How to contact Northamptonshire County Council:

Surface water flooding/road drainage - This is the responsibility of Northamptonshire Highways Department: 0300 126 1000.

Main sewers and pipework shared by more than one property - This is the responsibility of the Water Authority.

  • Anglian Water: 03457 145 145
  • Thames Water: 0845 9200 800

Single private pipework blockage/flooding - This is the responsibility of the householder and it is their responsibility to have it unblocked. (This is pipework which leaves a single property and meets either a shared pipe with other properties, or the main sewer.) 

Useful information 

Weather Forecasts

To check the river levels for our area visit:  http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/research/planning/135518.aspx

To check if your property/premises are in a flood warning area visit: http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/31618.aspx

Individuals or communities who have suffered flooding, or who are at risk of flooding can contact the National Flood Forum on 01299 403055 for advice.

For health concerns during or after a flood, call 111.

Information about disruption to services are provided by South Northamptonshire Council.

Click here for more information